Repatriation of the Deceased from Bulgaria and surrounding Countries is relatively straight forward.
It is worth noting that Embalming in Bulgaria is not the same as in the United Kingdom. In practice if the Deceased is to be 'viewed' in the UK prior to the Funeral then further preparation will almost certainly have to be carried out by the UK Funeral Director.
Transportation would always be by air.
As of February 2019 the approximate cost of the Repatriation from Bulgaria to the United Kingdom would be in the region of £4,900. This is a guide cost only and a full quotation will be given on a case by case basis.
- Death Certificate
- Fee for documents for transportation
- Translation and Legalisation of documents
- Sealing of coffin by Customs Official
- Basic zinc lined coffin
- Transportation of Deceased from Place of Death to airport, (Sofia for example - allowance of 500km)
- Air flight charges
- Sanitisation/Embalming of Deceased
- UK Border clearance.
This would include all costs to the United Kingdom and collection from Heathrow Airport to our London Mortuary.
Forward transportation and Burial/Cremation costs in the UK are in addition. Please contact our Repatriation Head Office for details of our repatriation service to the UK from overseas.